Neva and I just returned from a wonderful trip to Nauvoo and Carthage, Ill.! It was a very spiritual and emotional experience we wish we could have shared with all of you. Since that was not possible, we will share some of our favorite pictures!
Neva by the "Mansion House" which was the last residence Joseph and Emma shared in Nauvoo.
We found it ironic that the Community of Christ owns the land where Joseph and Hyrum (as well as other members of the Smith family) are buried.
I have been reading the "History of Joseph Smith" by Lucy Mack Smith and she is my hero! I have a new appreciation for her, she was so spiritual and long suffering!
The Carthage Jail and the infamous second floor window. We toured the jail and sat in the room where the Prophet Joseph Smith was being held when the mob arrived. Being in that room where the Prophet Joseph had been was such a touching and spiritual experience!
On the way back home we stopped in Hannibal, MO., the birthplace of Mark Twain. Naturally I had to take my turn white washing the fence!!!!!
What a fun trip! We used to love taking the kids to Nauvoo when we lived in Kirksville. Looks like you had beautiful weather. We could use some of that here. I guess spring is the rainy season in Japan :( We miss you!
ReplyDelete